Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MUNCHING ON MUFFINS

Last Saturday and Sunday was the 'convo' weekends at the uni where hubby works. His ever very the rajin colleagues made everyone in the office to participate in the jualan of the fiesta. From what I heard, ada currypuffs, dadih (somewhat like yoghurt), kuih, etc, etc...

Since hubby is away (Sri Lanka & Maldives) until next Monday, I was assigned to bake muffins for the sale... hmmm the usual muffins that I bake, are rich over the top ooey&gooey full of ingredients... For sale, I definitely cannot use my usual recipe, then.. Rugi wooohhh.. Mana boleh nak jual murah.. kalau too mahal, tak laku pulak! So, I turn to my ever trusting site allrecipes.com.. macam-macam ada!

So, apa lagi, baking time... I made orange muffins, banana muffins & chocolate chip muffins.. The best is the orange muffin.. This recipe is a definite keeper.. The other two, well, so-so I have tasted better muffins thats for sure...

After I passed about 200 pieces of muffins to hubby's colleagues, I had the pleasure of munching on delicious orange muffins for breakfast on sunday morning... Heat up in microwave for 30sec, lather with butter and raspberry jam, hot cup of coffee.. aahhhhhh...


RECIPE - ORANGE MUFFIN (from allrecipec.com)

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup white sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup orange juice

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 egg

zest of one orange

Heat oven to 400 degress F (205 degrees C). Grease bottom only muffins cups or line with baking cups.

In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, orange zest and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, oil and egg; blend well. Add liquid to dry ingredients all at once, stir until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy).

Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.