Saturday, July 22, 2006

WELL, HELLO THERE!





















Will you look at that! This beautiful purply thing had sprouted from my 'garden' just outside my kitchen door.

My 'garden' if you can actually call it a garden, is this pathetic 22ft x 2 ft (width) piece of land behind my 'ciput' (small) linked house. The first time Mak saw my attempt to cultivate my piece of land, she smirked and rolled her eyes - well, SHE has 8 acres of land surrounding HER house to toil with! humph.. with semangat waja, I planted a few spices of malay herbs for my own use..

I'm sure you can see the pokok (trees) have survived my amateur green thumb. Ada pokok pandan, curry leaves, limau purut (hmm attacked by some kind of green caterpillar), bird eye chillies, lengkuas and if you squint real hard there is the big banana trunk at the end. Sadly that hunka trunk will be chopped down next week. There is also lemongrass and egg plant at the other end of this photo...

Am I proud and happy with my gardening adventure? You betcha! Next project, tomatoes, capsicums and big red chillies to add some colours to my garden...